Saturday, April 23, 2011

Notion Ink - Problems won't go away because you ignore them

At least that's what their strategy appears to be. Sleep on the problems, ignore them and hope they will go away. No they won't. Not in this Internet age where people can resort to blogs, twitter, facebook, comments, articles...

Companies have an ethical duty to their customers if they are having difficulties. The Notion Ink Adam Tablet has so far proved to be a dud with bad hardware quality and buggy software. Not to mention horrendous customer support (what the hell was that about hiring 'iTunes customer support'?!!) I will say 'dud' in spite of some users saying they like the hardware - that's because for they are a rarity and in most cases there are issues with one component or the other.

Visit their official forum (conclave.notionink.com) or a fan site (notioninkfan.com) and see the comments and complaints. Read the stories and reviews and draw your own conclusion. For heaven's sake, an unscientific poll on the forum shows that 36% of the people are not happy with the product and of the other 64% many are 'conditionally happy' - i.e people who are happy even in a part of their Adam doesn't work! Kind of like 'My iPad camera doesn't work but I still like it anyway.' A product with nearly 40% 'unhappy rate'?! How many consumer electronics companies have made fame with that rate?

And Notion Ink's response to all this? Silence. A few silly customer support emails, and a grandiose nonsense blog post from the founder.

I will have good words to say when  I see evidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I try to publish all comments so long as I feel like it based on my set of rules for acceptable comments. Those rules keep changing in my mind.