Sunday, November 25, 2012

A quick recap of recent events

 

Let’s do a quick recap of what has happened since end of Sep 2012.

On 11 Sep, this is what Notion Ink said.

image

On 22 Sep they said ‘we’ll get to adam II shortly’, and you know what “shortly” means in this company’s lingo.

image

And this, on 27 Sep

image

And some completely worthless, useless, already known info on 12 Oct

image

Stay tuned! for ….???

image

And then, a pathetic ‘hello world’ with a blurry pic that excited no one. This must be the saddest intro pic that I’ve seen in a long a time. And maybe 5 people were excited after reading this…

image

This also prompted some interesting headlines from the web

Notion Ink Adam II Tablet Rears Its Sadly Hyped Head

Notion Ink's Adam II greets Twitter with blurry eyes

It’s a laughing stock at this point (except to a few clueless fans still hanging around). OK, now let’s discuss a few things.

And then, on 9 Nov, a festival tweet and silence.

Is there any doubt anymore that this is one of the worst startups ever to see the light of the day? Does anyone believe these people anymore? Here’s a recent thread that shows that even the “I believe in them and all their mess is because of someone else!” crowd is beginning to have some doubts.

It’s amazing that it took so long for some people to see what many of us saw over a year and half ago, crystal clear, that they were all being lead along by a company with no value for its words and questionable business behavior. Think they haven’t been making false claims? Just look at the tabs on top of this page.

Oh, and a quick update on the retarded monkey situation. Retarded monkey’s been quiet. Nothing new to report. Mail’s been spam free too.

Have you also wondered why they abandoned their blog for their silly newsletter? A newsletter is purely one-directional. Unlike the blog which can be indexed or comments left on, a newsletter gives no chance for anyone to respond. Exactly what they want.

2 comments:

  1. I suppose I am classed as a fan. Yet my interest is simple enough -- a tablet with GPS etc, HDMI, MicroSD, and a 4G would be nice -- with a DAYLIGHT SCREEN.

    Let me repeat A DAYLIGHT SCREEN!! The reason being I live in Australia where sunlight is strong, and none of my devices can be used outside -- none, get it not a one, except my ink reader which is not very useful when finding my way about.

    On paper the Adam II looks fine, whether it emerges or not is another thing, whether it will be any good for handwriting on the screen likewise, so if it works at all and has the Pixel Qi screen -- I am happy enough -- happier than I have been.

    It seems to me that for whatever reason the worst thing that could happen to you is that the device is made and works tolerably well.

    This would be a huge improvement in what I currently have which does not work at all in the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greg - the Adam II will not have a Pixel Qi screen, sad to say. My Adam I is very useful and the screen is just one reason. At this point it's practically my main laptop, after a year of tweaking of the sort that would be impossible with a more locked-down device.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I try to publish all comments so long as I feel like it based on my set of rules for acceptable comments. Those rules keep changing in my mind.