Saturday, April 14, 2012

All that VEE and DPO blah blah... it's got to be QuickLogic

There's no big secret about this VEE, DPO. It's got to be QuickLogic.

Anyway, I'm not going to comment on the blog post. It's technical, and the blog is supposed to be technical so I suppose it's all what it's supposed to be.

The best part of the post are the comments. The same cheerleader chicks are back with much needed hilarity, and of course don't forget that whenever the CEO of Notion Ink says "partnership" you have to take it with a bucket of salt

1) He said 'partnership with Amazon' -- total BS. They sold Adams on Amazon via G tech, hell I can sell in Amazon, anyone can sell on Amazon, it doesn't make them partners

2) Remember that whole thing about partnership with TI and press release? Please find me an equivalent release from TI (all PRs tend to have statements from both companies)... it was just a NI release, and TI isn't their partner just as Dell isn't my partner because I purchased their laptop ;)

3) remember that Kivy.org mumbo jumbo? NI even forgot that the contest was won by some people who were unlucky to get their low class tablets, but the post was all about how  NI was supporting Kivy.

So -- when Rohan Shravan or Notion Ink says "partnership", don't believe it just yet. It's all words until we see it in action.

2 comments:

  1. I love the last line, so true. Seeing the long line of "Partners" left behind especially. A word to the future partners would be that, in a few years on his very blog, be prepared to be blamed by yours truly for the failure of XYZ tablet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Word.

    Also, thanks for saying this. It has been on my mind too. What absolute liars.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I try to publish all comments so long as I feel like it based on my set of rules for acceptable comments. Those rules keep changing in my mind.