Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Looking back... and where we are now. Even the most loyal fans are turning back.

Way back in April I had my first post in Notion Ink's official forum.  I titled it

"Supporters, wake up. This needs to be said"

After a few days, Notion Ink promptly 'locked' the thread preventing further responses. It's open now, but when I post into it - it gets moderated out. I guess the attitude is "if you can't hear criticism, it mustn't be there"

In case the thread is removed, the exact text was my first blog post too. I urge you to read it and consider where we are now.

Today I noticed a few posts on the Notion Ink blog. Some of the most loyal fans are now beginning to say that NI did not deliver and it's been promises. I actually applaud them for coming out and saying it out aloud after supporting NI for long.

I don't intend to question their loyalty - to each their own. What saddens me is how Notion Ink, and Rohan, treated their/his supporters - people that might have helped spread the word and help NI get traction. I said  repeatedly that this company shows no inclination to learn or act on feedback - I point it to the CEO's arrogance and stupidity, all the more so because the co-founders are spineless and voiceless. But that's what it has been.

I have zero respect to the integrity and vision of this company, and no expectation that they will deliver Adam 2 in a way it must be. And it's not about blind dislike, in my next post I'll point out to the sheer market challenge they have and with their current level of lack of skill, intelligence and work ethic - it's unlikely they are up to it.

3 comments:

  1. [...edited...]-"but I do not feel that our Adam will be left behind. I fully expect it to run Icecream Sandwich."

    Hahahhahahhaha..."our" adam...they truly are "Adam's family"!!!!

    Warm Regards

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pretty much agree 100% with this comment made on the Notion Ink blog (maybe this is one of the hardcore fans you're referring to?):
    "...I say jump on another bandwagon and keep notion ink on your radar until they get their shit together. This devotion to a company that suddenly ignores its core fans is like chasing a girl that just broke up with you. They had their opportunity, and failed. Its time to give another innovative company a chance.

    I used to be one of those hardcore fans that checked the blog religiously and did my share of word of mouth publicity. I had ordered the LCD variant during PO2. But they ran out and told me that I can either get a full refund or pay more for a more expensive variant. With all the frustrations and disappointments that were coming out at the time from adam owners, and the increasing shadiness on Rohan’s part, I decided not to gamble away $425.33 + whatever it would cost to get a better one, and to instead go for a a company that had a great product without the bullshit. Thus began my drama free life with the Asus Transformer. I’m not saying that in the future NI can’t be great, but until that day comes (if it does) I’m sticking with something more reliable."

    Adam 2 & Eden 2 pretty much has to be able to teleport me to and from work for me to slightly consider it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dunno...if they go with OMAP4, we will at least get better software support (bug-fixing from the community in this case) than with nVIDIA. The bigger question is whether we will let them give us the Adam 2 with or without Eden 2.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I try to publish all comments so long as I feel like it based on my set of rules for acceptable comments. Those rules keep changing in my mind.