Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The World Conspires against Rohan Shravan, it's all someone else's fault...

So, Rohan Shravan, CEO of Notion Ink, gave an interview to Tabletroms - here is the source. He makes a rational argument on the status of Honeycomb which I can understand.

But here is where it got really interesting. I quote the interview,

Question: There has been speculation among news sites that the Adam has been struggling and questions the companies determination to succeed and produce quality products. Do you have anything to say to those news sites? Has the last pre-order proven enough to keep those rumors away? How is the development of the next product looking?

Answer: People need something to talk about. :) Our sales has been good, PQ is again out of stock. Eden 2 and Adam 2, in fact 3 as well are already underway and full scale expansion on 5 different countries is in progress. I have much more faith on Adam 2 since it is coming closer to what I envisioned. I have been spending a lot of time in company re-structuring, and teams have got good exposure and combination. A Game Design Team is already doing excellent job!

Pay attention. He still believes that people complaining about the producing quality products is just 'people talking about something'. Nope, not a single sentence about 'we learned from our mistakes', no 'we will do better', it's apparently just something people feel like talking about because they have nothing else to do.  He also said in another interview that the poor reviews are a result of 'expectations were too much and that not sharing devices with the reviewers angered them' which is one of the stupidest reasons I've read in a long time.

This is a CEO who believes that everything that happens is somebody else's fault or problem and therefore I would infer that they think there's nothing for them to learn.  I would be very wary of such an enterprise.

(Did you notice that He says Eden 2 is on the works and Adam 3 too! Wait, what? Adam 3?! Adam 3 is being built with today's technology? There's a game design team?! Notion Ink produces...games?)

1 comment:

  1. You know who Justin Beiber is dating?.....You know Angeline Jolie is adopting a village?!!.....Uhhh...You know I did not get my device after almost an year!!! You know my screen is damaged, camera doesn't work..forget about apps....! You know NI din even bother replying to my emails, no refund, no exchange!!

    Phew!! People need something to talk about..anything under the sky.... Gossip-mongers...Damn!! Blah Blah....Wait...I will make future come faster to you... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I try to publish all comments so long as I feel like it based on my set of rules for acceptable comments. Those rules keep changing in my mind.