Saturday, July 30, 2011

Tactuslabs, Notion Ink's US service center...still exists?

Tactuslabs is NI's official service center in the US. Just that in the last 4 days or so, www.tactuslabs.com redirects to google. I ignored it the first day I heard wondering if it was some internal DNS/redirect error, as it does happen.

But nope. It's been 4 days (or 3, I don't remember since when this started) but it still redirects to google. Surely a serious business would be very worried, but no...makes you wonder how "serious" this business is. Do they still exist? Is it a viable business that you can send your Adam to?

Their internal pages are still intact - for e.g. go to www.tactuslabs.com/blog and it does show up. Just that the last post was in April, and no "update" on this redirect issue either. If you click on their links to their Amazon products - they are all "unavailable"

They seem to have also tried to make some Adam cases, but with such low volumes it's probably not a sustainable one either. Anyway, if you are buying from NI, and are from US, and know that there's a possibility you will need service, then this is the current situation on tactuslabs which is NI's repair center.

I will update this post if I hear from NI or tactuslabs. I did ask this question in a tweet to NI_Chief on Twitter, but as you can probably guess - no response of any kind. This is their US repair center, surely they should know what is happening?

Edit: Update 1They have a twitter page - no updates. And no, haven't heard anything back from NI or Tactuslabs.

Update 2: No change in their website status. No response from NI to my second tweak. Now I'm getting more suspicious about what's happening here.

Update 3:No one from NI ever came out on this. We're only finding out now that Tactuslabs is perhaps dead, and some other service company in Portland, OR is now handling the service. No one was asking NI to give details of specifics of service centers, only what was happening with Tactuslabs as people were having problems, and these incompetents couldn't even communicate it right.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, it just gets shadier and shadier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. why anyone want to buy adam now? it is beyond explanation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Rohan is only concerned with his adoring fans, any sort of query to him will be completely ignored. Also I guess the saturday specials are off, or maybe Rohan is gearing up another post on some rubbish like font sizes and that absurd 1.618 post.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I try to publish all comments so long as I feel like it based on my set of rules for acceptable comments. Those rules keep changing in my mind.