Sunday, July 17, 2011

I just say stuff...don't really mean it

so...at one point Rohan, the CEO of NI, said about his blog posting something about 'we will continue this conversation weekly' - weeks came and went, no post, and people started getting upset.

He didn't mean what he said, of course.

And then he came back, and said "Guess we'll have to have posts once in 2 weeks"

But then he didn't mean what he said, once again, of course.

Because it's now close to 3 weeks after the last post - and there's no update.

Which is all OK because with this guy, it's quite normal to say what he doesn't mean. Notion Ink employees must be proud to have such a CEO - you know, the one that says stuff just for the entertainment value and doesn't mean it? I wonder how the work culture inside is -- I really do.

4 comments:

  1. As a CEO Rohan S. should be inspiring confidence. Not only for the prospective buyers but also for future investors. Yet he behaves shiftier and shiftier with each blog post. His word no longer means anything, and theres a scant few fans in the rafters still hanging on. The rest have gone on with their lives. The lies and empty promises listed out make a lot of sense, why would anyone want to trust such a person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even Lenovo's got Android 3.1, out of the box, no hacking cracking, nothing. Almost every manufacturer now has better specs, better prices as well as Honeycomb off the bat, working.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wondering what the 100 employees at Notion Ink might be doing, and how they managed to find and retain them. If you stretch Rohan's tricks to the extreme, you could easily just believe that he meant 100 in binary. A clarification might land up later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea....100 in binary. Having visited the office few times (just to know if i will ever get my device) between Jan-April, I have seen new faces every time I have been there. I am not saying that I know everyone there. But even the people who are "responsible" for the device are all lost and stammering! Its impossible to know when, how, where people disappear! Ofcourse, money and trust included...But the office looks more like a forsaken dungeon....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I try to publish all comments so long as I feel like it based on my set of rules for acceptable comments. Those rules keep changing in my mind.