Tuesday, May 31, 2011

"Should I buy Notion Ink Adam" My recommendation for PO3

Alright people, some are asking this question and landing on my blog. I've commented on it before.

What I have to say is clear from all my other posts, read them.

My recommendation?

- If you are a hardcore techie with lots of time in your basement to tinker, ROM, root, flash, wipe, tweak, mod and what not, then do whatever you want. Buy 10 of them.

- If $400 is loose change for you then sure, buy it

If you're anyone else - Don't buy. But here's what you can do - let the ardent followers buy PO3 - wait for their responses and how NI support deals with issues.

Keep in mind that there has not been a single post from Notion Ink explaining how they will ensure that the problems of PO1 and 2 will not happen again - in fact, not even a acknowledgement of the problem for 4 months until they released an update. That means you buy PO3 purely on your 'I love NI' faith and little else.

2. Make an objective assessment of what you need from your tablet ("I want a dual purpose e-reader+tablet" / "I want a great easy to use tablet" / "I want to multiple USB ports" / etc.) and then see if Adam, in its current state (a few months from now), satisfies it. By then they should be out with Honeycomb (June 27th is the promised date) and you would also know more about iOS5, maybe next gen iPad, Asus etc. to see how Adam is keeping up.

3. My views are clear on all this - so if you consider me biased, do spend time on the official forum (http://conclave.notionink.com), the official blog (http://notionink.wordpress.com) and 2 other useful forums (http://www.notionaddicts.com and http://www.tabletroms.com) and make up your mind. After objectively considering all the opinions, views and gut feel, make a decision and don't buy it. /snigger

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I try to publish all comments so long as I feel like it based on my set of rules for acceptable comments. Those rules keep changing in my mind.