Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Quick (but useless) update on Notion Ink in CES 2012



day 2 - So some indications (see TR thread) that Rohan Shravan, CEO of Notion Ink, could not make it to CES at all due to visa issues*. Don't know who's there from NI - Varun Nand Chahal? "VP of operations". So far no announcement I see, no news, nothing on the blog. I also see no announcement so far on TR's own thread on any new interview with the CEO. Nothing on twitter either (at this time). There is someone from the TR community out there in CES but it doesn't seem like he's hit gold either.

I can tell from the traffic on my site that there's some people really hungry for news on NI in CES - and NI isn't giving them any. Come to me folks, I'll make up stuff for you. I'll even make up stuff on NI's behalf if you want, because either way, what's said ain't gonna happen  ;)

Anyway, there's still 2 more days to go. We'll find out if Eve exists if she's just a pretty figment of someone's imagination.

* Not blaming NI for this one, unless of course they did something dumb like filing for visa too late or with wrong paperwork. I know for a fact that US visa process is a darned nightmare of epic proportions and people get rejected for flimsy reasons. I wouldn't be surprised if his visa got turned down for some silly reason.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my god! [xxx] in US, alone, without any supervision. That's the final nail in the coffin that NI needs.

    Blog god in chief - sorry guys, no names.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Editor - mate, you're making my censor board work really hard. No names and very personal comments... so I've taken a sword to your post and made it really sweet

    Not surprising....Though definitely disappointing! No news about CES from NI????? None at all? Not a single line....No popular journalist trying to tear the company/product apart like last year!

    If they haven't made their presence felt at CES-2012 by now, its not gonna happen...Past record shows that the CEO burps out more info than necessary and pre-maturely so. Since he hasn't spoken anything about it, assumption should be that there isn't anything to speak about.

    Secondly...Hhahahahahhahahahahhaha.........That [sweet singing ponies]!! Hhahahahhaha......whoever hired him, must receive an award. Now I know why Mr.CEO does not believe in interviews and how he randomly selects people. That [OMG ponies!] is a such a joke on the entire Consumer Electronics Market that he can outwit Mr.Bean in being hilarious. I met him once at NI-Bangalore....[OMG Pink Ponies!!]....As a customer, I din expect this level of ignorance from a VP who believes the company will churn Billions in the near future (if any). Hahahahhaha....He was such an embarrassment [sweet ponies] ....Biggs almost choked :-P

    [naughty naughty now]

    And your last point...about why they could have missed CES--absolutely true. 2 years ago when they were in Hyderabad, the [someone high] [now now no bad words]...He "forgot" to apply for US VISA....and yes u guessed it right....he din make it to Las Vegas!

    Such a misery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amendment: He was such an embarrassment at last year’s CES not CEO!! Apologies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okies....I wrote the name since YOU have already mentioned it above in your post...So just for people who will find it difficult to understand what I have written after the censorship..I am talking about the guy mentioned in the post above apart from the CEO...Hope you don't edit this out.


    "Someone High" refers to the second highest post holder in the company.

    P.S: Don't edit in the name of god and Consumers of Consumer Electronics...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I try to publish all comments so long as I feel like it based on my set of rules for acceptable comments. Those rules keep changing in my mind.